Senior Systems Administrator
Volanno is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join a team of Network Administrators providing engineering and design support to our federal customer’s data center. The ideal candidate will be work with a team, be a self-starter, and bring innovative solutions.
Work location is a combination of Downtown DC twice a week and remote. Out-of-town travel is required approximately once per month.
- Managing and updating VMware infrastructure including both Windows and Linux servers.
- Work with development team to address any security vulnerabilities.
- Ensure that integrated identity management services are running.
- Support the design and development of a failover architecture.
- Work with and manage Incident Management tickets within help desk ticketing system.
- Support standards and best practices for allocation and use of computing resources/
- Other duties include setting up accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system-wide software, and managing disk storage solutions, and 24 x 7 on-call support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, and/or Science from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience as a developer working on complex software applications and data.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- 8 years of Information Systems experience, including experience in the support of end users who perform development, testing, implementation tasks and support of large scale computer systems.
- 2 years of Linux systems administrator experience, supporting medium to large development, test, and production environments.
- Competent in Linux, specifically CentOS/Redhat.
- Experience managing virtualized infrastructure.
- VMware implementation and experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Linux OS, kernel, patching, and software management.
- Working knowledge of volume managers and file systems and system storage analysis.
- Working knowledge of networking services such as: NFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NTP, Samba, NSCD, etc.
- Familiar with network switching, firewall and load balancing technology.
- Experience with server admin tools (e.g. Putty).
- Ability for out-of-town travel approximately once per month.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence administration.
- Experience with proxy servers such as Nginx.
- Experience with Nessus, WebInspect or equivalent scanning tools.
- Experience with Spacewalk/Satellite update systems.
- Experience with Solaris is a plus.
- Agile training or experience (Scrum or Kanban).
- Experience with Oracle or PostgreSQL database management system administration.
- Active Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.