Join Team Volanno – Selected by The Washington Post as a Top Workplace!
Volanno is seeking a seasoned Program Manager with prior experience working for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to fill a long-term position. The Program Manager will be overseeing a medium-sized contract comprised of four teams spanning many systems and projects including data warehouse, production support, a support center (help desk), and maintenance and new development efforts. All team follow a shared workflow management support process and are led by an individual team lead.
The ideal Program Manager will have experience with traditional tracking and reporting documents on a federal contract. Moreover, they will be flexible when working with teams in effectively using agile frameworks, such as Kanban and Scrum, to manage work.
Some remote work is available but the candidate must be able to work from the Volanno office in DC (Brookland Metro) and the client site (McPherson Square Metro) as directed.
- Act as coordinator between multiple teams and projects at a business and organizational levels to ensure contract compliance. Note: Individual projects will be managed by the team leads.
- Provide project management functions including technical leadership, quality assurance, and decision-oriented recommendations.
- Create and maintain the program roadmap in accordance with the FAA’s priorities.
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, quality, and team member performance.
- Implement and manage changes to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Track and analyze program risks and issues, providing mitigation strategy.
- Prepare and conduct monthly status reporting meetings with the FAA.
- Create, update, and manage all contract deliverables.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program and budget status throughout its lifecycle, per the required contract schedule and deliverables.
- Direct supervisory responsibilities for technical professionals.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent project or program management certification. Note: Certification or equivalent must be verified upon offer.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant program management experience with responsibility for very large technology projects or more than one project, including:
- 5 years of experience managing software development and Information Technology operational efforts.
- 3 years of experience implementing Earned Value Management.
- Prior FAA program management experience, including:
- 5 years of project experience with software application development in support of FAA analytical and safety environments.
- 5 years of project experience working with data warehousing.
- 2 years of project experience including security efforts.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience creating contract-related documents such as the PMP, QCP, WBS, monthly reports, cost-based reporting, and PMRs.
- Experience working with active, dynamic clients while managing a fast-paced development team.
- Ability to provide effective leadership at a program level.
- Understanding of support center operations, especially as they relate to tracking and supporting client incidents and service requests.
- Ability to negotiate timelines with the client to ensure program success.
- High effective in operating with keen political and cultural awareness toward clients.
- Ability to read and adapt to stakeholders’ preferred approaches to work and the intricacies of their environment.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to share information, involve teams in decision making and keep team “in the know” with the customer’s business needs.
- Strong team management skills, including ability to motivate and cultivation of team goals and culture.
- Advanced-level skills with using all products in the Microsoft Office suite including:
- Formatting in Word
- Graphs and pivot tables in Excel
- High-quality, professional PowerPoint presentations
- Active Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM).
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
- Working knowledge of Kanban.
Named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.