Washington, DC (Brookland)
Volanno is seeking an intermediate PHP developer with a passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas working within an Agile Scrum environment as part of an existing Scrum team.
- Perform programming duties including design, specifications development, and system implementation.
- Participate in coding, unit and functional testing, debugging, and deploying software to production and test environments in an Agile Scrum environment with a fully integrated team.
- Provide Tier II and III customer support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a developer working on web applications.
- Active Public Trust or higher security clearance.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven software development experience in object oriented PHP programming at intermediate or advanced level.
- Strong skills working with MySQL or MariaDB.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git (Bitbucket).
- Experience with jQuery and plugins.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance for the federal government.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Strong database skills including writing SQL queries, writing SQL stored procedures, and optimizing queries and indexes for large data sets.
- Familiarity with Oracle databases and their declarative query languages in order to understand legacy systems integrated with new technologies.
- Scrum Developer training or experience.
- Experience with React.js.
- Previous work within a containerized environment such as Docker.
- Understanding the principles of Continuous Integration.
- Familiarity with consuming content by use of API.
Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business headquartered in Washington, D.C.. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.