Join Team Volanno – Selected by The Washington Post as a Top Workplace!
Volanno is seeking an intermediate PHP developer that performs programming duties including design, specifications development, and system implementation. The team member will be expected to participate in coding, unit and functional testing, debugging and deploying software to production and test environments. Team members also provide production and customer support as needed. We are looking for an individual with a passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
- Proven software development experience in object oriented PHP programming at intermediate or advanced level.
- Knowledge of and experience with Laravel or equivalent framework
- Strong database skills working with MySQL or MariaDB.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git (Bitbucket).
- Experience with jQuery and plugins.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance for the federal government (508 compliance or WCAG 2.0).
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Strong database skills including writing SQL queries and optimizing queries and indexes for large data sets.
- Support web-based systems developed in PHP.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Ability to attain public trust or higher clearance from a federal agency.
- Minimum of six years of experience as a developer working on web applications.
Preferred Abilities and Skills
- Agile (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) training or experience.
- Previous work within a containerized environment such as Docker.
- Understanding the principles of Continuous Integration.
Volanno is a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
It is the policy of Volanno to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Volanno will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.