Business & Quality Assurance Analyst
A primary objective of this role is to assist the team in implementing technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators, and partners. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that the developed product adheres to the established requirements through rigorous testing. The ideal candidate will be have strong organization skills, a detailed-oriented outlook, and a team player mentality.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes, and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Develop functional specifications and system design specifications for client engagements.
- Prepare wireframes and mockups for business and IT solutions.
- Write business cases and user stories for web development projects.
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders and technical team members.
- Refine requirements to incorporate into documents and Agile user stories.
- Conduct requirements analysis to determine the best method to present the information to the client and to ensure that all business and technical needs are captured.
- Prepare and review test cases.
- Process change requests.
- Execute testing and prepare test results.
- Report and track defects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience modeling complex business processes.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in testing complex web applications, websites, and software applications using both manual and automated testing.
- Minimum six (6) years writing test cases for complex systems.
- Active Public Trust Clearance or ability to obtain one.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Strong communicating skills, especially in translating complex and abstract processes to non-technical audiences.
- Proficient in industry standard-level business analysis practices and testing tools.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Ability to effectively development of business cases.
- Understanding of conducting a cost/benefit analysis.
- Strong knowledge of modeling techniques and methods.
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English, including technical writing skills.
- Experience participating in Agile projects.
- Experience using JIRA.
Named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.