Business / Financial Analyst
Volanno is seeking a Business / Financial Analyst with a passion for ensuring that customers receive the product that they need and a desire to develop new bold ideas. This role will be responsible for working with the development team to elicit requirements from stakeholders and the technical team members. Additionally, the Business / Financial Analyst will support the Program Manager on developing budgets and tracking expenditures using Earned Value Management. The Business / Financial Analyst will work closely with the technical team leads, quality assurance specialists, developers, and the client.
The Business / Financial Analyst will be part of a team within a larger effort supporting both development and production systems. Work is managed using an Agile Kanban environment with a fully integrated team. Team members also provide Tier III customer support as needed.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes, and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Work with the Program Manager to develop financial forecasts, review forecasts and actual expenditures, and review time entered into the timekeeping system.
- Develop functional specifications and system design specifications for engagements.
- Write business cases and user stories for development projects.
- Prepare wireframes and mockups for business and IT solutions.
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders and technical team members.
- Conduct requirements analyses to determine the best method to present information to the client and to ensure that all business and technical needs are captured.
- Work with the client to determine the needs for current and future projects and develop plans to produce quality business outputs.
- Shadow client’s subject matter experts to facilitate knowledge transfers for tasks to be incorporated into the Volanno body of work.
- Participate in the analysis of tool selection, as needed.
- Prepare reports, as needed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and abstract processes with non-technical audiences.
- Experience with developing and managing budgets.
- Competency with standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.), particularly with Excel.
- Experience developing user stories/requirements.
- Ability to ensure precise business concepts are captured with enough detail for development tasks.
- Experience using wireframe, mockup, mapping tools to develop complete requirement details for developers.
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English, including technical writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Active Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
- Familiarity with FAA air traffic facilities and operations.
- Past participation in Agile team specifically Kanban.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence.
Named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.