Tier 1 Support Specialist
Washington, DC (Brookland)
Volanno is seeking Tier 1 Support Specialists to support the deployment of a customized application to one of our customers. The application supports a critical business function. Candidates should have a mix of technical and customer service skills and be passionate about technology and helping people.
- Generate incident tickets in JIRA Service Desk.
- Provide application troubleshooting to resolve customer incidents, including walking the customer through error reporting and creating screen shots.
- Update Knowledge Base to support troubleshooting.
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Escalate to Tiers 2 and 3 as needed based on escalation procedures.
- Identify requests that are system enhancements, document, and escalate to manager for review.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- 1-3 years of experience supporting a Tier 1 Help Desk for Application Support.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English, including technical writing skills.
- Strong skills in communicating complex and abstract processes with non-technical audiences.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end- users.
- Organized, detailed, and a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Previous participation on Agile projects.
- Experience using JIRA Service Desk.
Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business headquartered in Washington, D.C.. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.