Senior Quality Assurance/Quality Control Analyst
The Senior Quality Assurance/Quality Control Specialist is responsible for working with the Scrum team to develop user stories and acceptance criteria, providing testing support, track results and recommend improvements. This role will also work to improve testing methods and results by implementing solutions such as automated testing.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes, and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Prepare wireframes and mockups for business and IT solutions.
- Prepare and review test cases.
- Execute testing and prepare test results.
- Report and track defects.
- Participate in the analysis of tool selection as needed.
- Develop plans for automating test cases as applicable.
- Develop methods of automated testing – including scripts or programs that aid in monitoring and support.
- Prepare test reports as needed.
- Work with clients to determine quality needs for current and future projects and develop plans to produce quality outputs.
- Shadow client subject matter experts to get knowledge transfer for tasks to incorporate into the Volanno body of work.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Availability and willingness to work after hours and weekends on a rotation schedule.
- Advanced Excel skills including charting, pivot tables, and functions such as lookups.
- Ability to write batch files, shell scripts, and SQL queries.
- Network navigation skills including FTP and TCPIP connectivity.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Ability to develop test cases.
- Understanding of testing tools and technologies.
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English, including technical writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and abstract processes with non-technical audiences.
- Organized, detailed, and a team player.
- Active Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
- Familiarity with FAA air traffic facilities and operations.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Past participation on Agile team specifically Kanban.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence.
Named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.