Senior Business Analyst
Volanno is seeking Senior Business Analyst with a passion for ensuring that customers receive the product that they need and a desire to develop new bold ideas. This role will be responsible for working with the development team to elicit requirements from stakeholders and the technical team members. The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with the team lead, quality assurance specialists, developers and the client.
The Senior Business Analyst will be part of team that within a larger effort supporting both development and production systems. Work is managed using an Agile Kanban environment with a fully integrated team. Team members also provide Tier III customer support as needed.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes, and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Develop functional specifications and system design specifications for engagements.
- Write business cases and user stories for development projects.
- Prepare wireframes and mockups for business and IT solutions.
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders and technical team members.
- Conduct requirements analysis to determine the best method to present the information to the client and to ensure that all business and technical needs are captured.
- Work with clients to determine needs for current and future projects and develop plans to produce quality business outputs.
- Shadow client subject matter experts to get knowledge transfer for tasks to incorporate into the Volanno body of work.
- Participate in the analysis of tool selection, as needed.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in a related field with 8 years of relevant experience.
- Doctoral or Ph.D. degree in a related field and 6 years of experience.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and abstract processes with non-technical audiences.
- Experience developing user stories/requirements.
- Ability to ensure precise business concepts are captured with enough detail for development tasks.
- Experience using wireframe, mockup, mapping tools to develop complete requirement details for developers.
- Competency with standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English, including technical writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Active Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
- Familiarity with FAA air traffic facilities and operations.
- Past participation on Agile team specifically Kanban.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence.
Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.