Volanno is seeking a Safety Manager with 5 years of demonstrable experience in construction or transit safety and successful completion of the OSHA 30 hour safety course.
- Enforcing, monitoring, and documenting the construction safety and environmental safety and security requirements for the MATOC contractors.
- Provide all necessary documents, information, and monthly reports to WMATA’s Safety Certification Review Committee.
- Coordinate with WMATA SAFE as necessary and provide reports to WMATA’s safety department as needed.
- Work closely with WMATA field staff and contractors to ensure the understanding to their responsibilities respect to safety and conduct regular daily safety surveys.
- Attend project related meeting include, but not limited to project meeting occurring in the field or where it is required.
- Review lift and comment of project related submittals include, but not limited to: Job Hazard Analysis, Contractor Safety Manual, Safety Data Sheets, and Crane Lift Plans.
- Responsible for the development, administration, monitoring, and coordination of the MATOC construction safety aspects of the Authority’s System Safety Program Plan (SSPP) and effectively implementing and evaluating the occupational safety and safety training WMATA construction personnel, and the MATOC Contractor.
- Directs implements, evaluates and administers the construction safety and industrial safety and the occupational safety and safety training aspects of the Authority’s comprehensive System Safety Program Plan (SSPP).
- Directs the development, implementation, administration, and review of the effectiveness of the industrial safety, construction safety, and environmental safety aspects of the Authority’s System Safety Program Plan.
- Consults with and advises the Project Manager on developing safety goals and objectives in accordance with the requirements of the SSPP.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates those safety standards and procedures necessary to eliminate, minimize, or control the degree of risk involving people-to-equipment interface in a variety of occupational and related subject areas.
- Determines the adequacy of maintenance safety practices and procedures in assuring the desired level of system safety, and recommends any necessary policy and procedure changes.
- Performs comprehensive investigations of MATOC construction accidents/incidents to identify root causes, determine facts, recommend appropriate corrective actions, and develop effective preventive measures.
- Supervises investigations performed by staff.
- Minimum five years of demonstrable experience in construction or transit safety.
- Successful completion of the OSHA 30 hour safety course.
Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business headquartered in Washington, D.C.. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.