Washington, DC (Brookland)
Volanno is looking for a skilled project manager to provide leadership and direction. This position will serve an integral role full-cycle project management, including aligning projects to business goals, managing stakeholders, communicating project status and milestones, and managing budgets. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to adapt to quickly change in a fast pace environment.
- Provide project schedule(s), critical path and dependency analysis, resource and work allocation, status monitoring and communications, monthly project status reports, and related project management activities.
- Work project stakeholders on a daily basis to identify project requirements and set priorities for the schedule.
- Record action items and monitor project deliverables.
- Manage project budget, including approval submissions.
- Serve as the project lead in the management, coordination, and scheduling of full-cycle software development projects.
- Support and assess the progress of the development team, including QA, to ensure project deliverables are on-time, within the defined budget and scope, and meet or exceed the defined quality standards.
- Work directly with POC for the prime contractor to determine priorities for software releases, demonstrating flexibility in meeting the needs and wants for the overall project.
- Provide direct supervision, mentorship, conflict resolution, and guidance to software development team, including design review and problem-solving.
- Ensure that all procedures are followed, including software defect tracking, quality assurance, and time sheet submission.
Write documentation to support the release processes, review documentation of requirements and testing for completeness.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the software’s underlying business processes and function as an analyst, specifically in identifying areas of impact throughout the system.
- Lead coordination with internal and external parties (integration points) to ensure deadlines are met and projects are delivered within budget.
- Manage release deliverables in JIRA and Confluence.
- Help develop new business by identifying opportunities with new or existing clients.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in technology and business models, and conduct an in-depth review from financial, market, technical, and organizational viewpoints about new viable business areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 2 years or more of relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with managing staff and software development projects.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills with the ability to able to formulate creative and effective solutions to day-to-day problems and make good decisions on the fly.
- Ability to effectively interact directly with clients and effectively develop, manage, and build positive relationships.
- Ability to work on multiple development initiatives simultaneously while tracking progress against all initiatives.
- Ability to create financial models to project revenues, expenses, and cash flows associated with various business models.
- Experience analyzing and documenting complex workflows.
- Excellent communications skills, especially in communicating technical concepts to non- technical audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing work quality.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Active Public Trust Clearance.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience working with federal contract clients.
Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business headquartered in Washington, D.C.. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.