Intermediate II Data Analyst
Join Team Volanno – Selected by The Washington Post as a Top Workplace!
The Data Analyst is responsible for working with a large team for a critical aviation system. Upcoming efforts include receiving data in real time, leading to high availability database infrastructure with failover capability. The Data Analyst will be responsible for maintaining data integrity and implementing data analysis best practices to identify issues quickly and provide recommendations for resolution.
This position will be responsible for reviewing data loads for several hours over one weekend per month, with an offsetting amount of time off to be taken during normal working hours.
The successful candidate will have both passion for data analytics and practical experience with relevant technical applications such as Tableau, Python, Business Objects, R, advanced Excel and SQL. This position will function within a highly motivated, dynamic team. A passion for best practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas are key for success.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct data processing issues.
- Create repeatable methodologies to analyze large data sets and ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Analyze data and data structures for loading into data warehouses, databases and other tools.
- Aggregate and analyze data across multiple systems.
- Work with DBAs on the team to review data.
- Write SQL queries either in Oracle or Postgres.
- Work in R systems to obtain data from database systems and develop analyses.
- Assist in the development and implementation of databases, data collection systems/tools, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality (including identifying process improvements to better satisfy business needs).
- Build and customize dynamic reports and dashboards using Tableau.
- Maintain knowledge of best data analytic practices.
- Work with others to identify areas of improvement, establish best practices and implement changes within the group.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or additional relevant field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, including two (2) years focused in data analysis.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Availability and willingness to work after hours and weekends on a rotation schedule.
- Ability to analyze, model, and interpret data.
- Advanced Excel skills including charting, pivot tables, and functions such as lookups.
- Ability to write batch files, shell scripts, and SQL queries.
- Ability to develop test cases.
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English, including technical writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and abstract processes with non-technical audiences.
- Organized, detailed, and a team player.
- Active Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
- Familiarity with FAA air traffic facilities and operations.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages.
- Past participation on Agile team specifically Kanban.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence.
Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.