Volanno is seeking an intermediate developer to perform programming duties including design, specifications development, and system implementation. This team member will be expected to participate in coding, unit and functional testing, debugging and deploying software to production and test environments in an Agile Kanban environment with a fully integrated team. Additionally, this team member will provide Tier III customer support, as needed.
This position will function within a highly motivated, dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a developer working on complex web applications and data.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Proven software development experience in C# programming at an intermediate level.
- Understanding of Classic ASP.
- Working knowledge of MVC framework.
- Comfortable using form inputs, post data, and view state.
- Strong skills working with databases especially Oracle.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git (Bitbucket).
- Experience with jQuery and plugins.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance for the federal government.
- Strong knowledge of the common web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Strong database skills including writing SQL queries, writing SQL stored procedures, and optimizing queries and indexes for large data sets.
- Familiarity with Oracle databases and their declarative query languages in order to understand legacy systems integrated with new technologies.
- Agile training or experience (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience with Node.js.
- Understanding the principles of Continuous Integration.
- Familiarity with consuming content by use of APIs.
Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.