Helpdesk / Service Desk Supervisor
Volanno is seeking a Helpdesk / Service Desk Supervisor to support a federal client in downtown DC. This position will support custom-built applications and critical business functions. This role will also manage and supervise an operational Service Desk team comprised of 2 – 7 Technical Support Specialists with ranging levels of experience. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical and customer service skills and be passionate about technology and helping people.
The Technical Support Specialists that this position will supervise will operate shifts to support an operational Service Desk anticipated to be available to our client from 5:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST M-F.
- Establish checklists and standard operating procedures for the Service Desk team.
- Supervise a team of 2 to 7 Technical Support Specialists.
- Generate incident tickets in JIRA Service Desk.
- Provide application troubleshooting to resolve customer incidents, including walking the customer through error reporting and creating screenshots.
- Update Knowledge Base to support troubleshooting.
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Escalate to Tiers II and III as needed based on escalation procedures.
- Identify requests that are system enhancements, document and escalate to the manager for review.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- Ten (10) years of experience supporting a Tier I, II, and III Helpdesk or Service Desk.
- A Bachelor’s Degree can be substituted for two (2) years of experience, an Associate’s Degree can be substituted for one (1) year of experience.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English, including technical writing skills.
- Strong skills in communicating complex and abstract processes with non-technical audiences.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Organized, detailed, and a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field.
- Active Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
- Experience participating in Agile projects.
- Experience using JIRA Service Desk.
Named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.