Assistant Project Manager
Volanno is seeking an Assistant Project Manager with 10 years of demonstrable experience in transit and transportation projects and exception leadership skills.
This position serves as WMATA’s representative for the assigned capitally funded program and is responsible for all phases of the project insuring all required tasks are performed on time and within budget. Assigned projects are high profile with substantial political interaction and public scrutiny.
- Planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, safety, and coordination of subcontractors and internal technical and support staff.
- Manages client relationships and develops project scopes, negotiate hours, prepare reports, develop and maintain schedules and budgets, directs and mentors project staff, and ensure quality reviews are complete.
- Responsible for the identification of scheduling and cost variances and the implementation of recommendations for corrective action for negative variance.
- Additional responsibilities include team member development including making work assignments, directing and providing technical and quality guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field.
- 10 years of demonstrable experience in transit and transportation projects.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent leadership skills and experience in preliminary and final design and procedure for transit projects.
- Understanding of principles, practices and techniques of project management, to coordinate, review and provide expert technical management for the assigned projects.
- Knowledge of project controls including critical path method scheduling and budgetary control systems.
- Experience with engineering requirements, program policies and procedures by which the Authority is governed. Federal, state and local trans it administration regulations and policies.
- Ability to make recommendations on difficult engineering issues.
- Ability to apply new and creative engineering solutions to complex engineering, technical and project management problems.
- Ability to independently organize and carry out assignments with minimum direction as well as the ability to function effectively as a leader of highly professional personnel.
- Ability to resolve issues with contract fulfillment in a timely manner and to ensure that all aspects of the program remain on schedule and within budget and the ability to communicate effectively.
Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business headquartered in Washington, D.C.. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.